Good to see you. How was your week? Hope it was great.
This week has been a smooth cruise... Let's look at the highlights.
- Training @ Apple Fifth Ave.








We shared a few drinks and watched Obama and McCain battle it out. It was a good experience to bond with my family that I don't see very often. My grandfather had outbursts to me about Obama and I had more than my share of sharp retorts. I miss my family, all of them. They've been so supportive of me and always had my back. I love you, guys. I hope to see you all soon.

- Sporty T comes into town; "Wicked" @ The Gershwin
- Thursday & Friday OFF
Sunday Oct. 5th was supposed to be an audition day. My immune system had other plans. Seeing as the weather here is in transition, I am finding some difficulty keeping colds away. However, I have learned that effecient layering of sweaters and overcoats will save me any further problems. So I bailed and took the day to prepare for my first day at Apple Fifth Ave. I ended up at the Steinway Ladies' apartment as usual and we boozed it up. Hilarity ensued.
Propend:
Photogenic people have it so easy...
Me and Becky :)
[The blurry nature of this shot perfectly emulates our state of mind.]
'Braska and I had a camera showdown. No one was injured in this photo.
Color!
Someone's peeved...
Monday morning: Up early because I wasn't sure what time my training began. (NOTE: Not my fault. I hadn't received an e-mail from HR informing of the time) I decided that being early would be better than showing up late. I made it to Fifth Ave by 9 a.m. and I was nearly an hour early. And I'm glad I had some time... the Starbucks up the street was exactly what the doctor ordered to get my nerves in order and my mind in the right place.
Grande Double Chocolate Chip Frap? Yeah, I'll take that.
Never fails.
As a matter of policy, the details of my training cannot be discussed. And really, all that I can tell you is that I'm learning everything. Every facet of knowledge and beyond in the Apple World is being streamlined into my mind. Needless to say, I'll be ready when I hit the floor for the first time on Wednesday of this upcoming week. :)
Tuesday: Grandpa and Patti are coming into town in the afternoon and I'm at training all day.
I manage to get out early from training and meet Ricky in front of "The Cube." We book it for the Gershwin on 50th. On the way we snag the second member of our party, Tony. Tony has also started training at the Apple SoHo store. We're Apple buddies. It's nauseatingly awesome. We arrive at the theatre and meet my cousin, Marty. I didn't know that he was going to be there and I was even more excited knowing that my Aunt Norma was with him. So we entered the theatre and went upstairs.
What a gorgeous set. Back of house Orchestra section? Good job, Grandpa. We were in prime position for some good theatre.
But immediately, the apparent lack of energy in every performer caught our eye. Now, I will admit, as performers ourselves, we tend to be quite critical. But we were on BROADWAY. This was absurd that we could hardly hear the principals and everything lacked honesty and commitment to an action. I was unimpressed.
I will give them this however; by the end of the show, things started coming together. By this time, I was convinced that the more emotionally charged songs were going to fall flat just as the famous songs that made the show a shoo-in at Tony time. Songs like "Popular," "One Short Day (In The Emerald City)," and "What Is This Feeling?" were shallow and completely destroyed by the absence of actor effort and character strength. ::sigh:: But I digress...
The saving grace came in "No Good Deed." FINALLY and how glorious it was.
Following the show, we headed back to the Hilton for a night-cap and some Presidential debate action. So while the family took a cab, Ricky, Tony, and myself hit the pavement.
A Rum and Coke and some Munchies (::snicker::) were a good way to end the night. My grandfather bought all of us a cab home and into the night we went. :)
The remainder of the week was much of the same. I would wake up and head to Apple to train until about 7 o'clock and then I would wander about until I felt inclined to go home. Something interesting happened on Wednesday evening though.
We were given the remainder of the week off. AWESOME.
Thursday and Friday were absolute BLISS. I was able to wake at my leisure and do as I pleased. (Not being in school has its advantages) So I went on excursions into Midtown Manhattan and to Central Park... The pictures speak the rest. Enjoy.
And then the madness set in. And of course, my camera was sitting in my room...
FRIDAY: Steinway and Ditmars. It went DOWN.
Becky, Lauren, and myself toasted the end of a good week. (Maybe not so much for the ladies, but eh, we'll drink to it.) We boozed until about 11:30 when Becky and I headed to The Beer Garden on 24th to meet up with Shaun, Andy, and some of their friends.
More beer... heated political debate... and the sweet chill that has settled over New York. After a couple hours of good times, it was homeward bound for me. I got to talking with Andy about tagging my room in an attempt to make my room more "me," for the lack of a better word. Let's see how that works out...
Well, UF v. LSU tonight... Thinking I may just stay in tonight and watch it on the HDTV.
Go Gators. You know what it is.
Monday: back to training
and by Wednesday...
I'll be an Apple Specialist.
Have a spectacular weekend, everyone. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:
Ka-PLAOW! The awesome nature of of your time in the NYC continues to shatter preconceptions of what fun is. You LIVE there.
Post a Comment