Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Lon Gisland

It's been nearly a month since my last post.

Many things have changed. 

Just to give you highlights:

- November 4th Election Day

I cast my vote for the first time as a New York resident for President Elect Obama at about 11:15 in the morning at PS 85 on 31st St. Of course, my vote could have gone to my home state of Florida to help swing the state blue...

But Florida didn't need my help. And I was proud to be counted among the sea of blue that showed up on the electoral map on CNN. 

Yes We Did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside of that, I have been working full-time, usually going to work around 4 pm and leaving around 1 am. I return from work and often go right to bed. I sleep in until about 12 noon or whenever my eyes open and then lounge about playing guitar or just soaking in some good tunes until I have to go back to the store.

It may seem like a pretty bland existence, but it's worth the two days off every week, I will say that. 

For the past few days, (meaning this weekend) I have been quite sick. I had one hell of a chest cough and a raging headache with chills. It kept me home on Saturday and Sunday from work (which was something I DIDN'T want to do) but the days of rest I have taken advantage of have paid off. Today I feel well and hope that returning to work today will also cause these strange feelings that I have to subside.

Lately, I have been having dreams that cause me to feel quite "off" (for the lack of a better term) when I wake up. Hard to explain and terribly vague, I apologize, but I haven't figured out how to shake some of the feelings. Hmmmm, maybe I need to spend some more time pondering on that...

And I'm sorry for not being more consistent these past few weeks. Like I mentioned, I've kind of been on a one-track living cycle and never settled into writing about it. Returning to it today, I realize just how much I miss it.

And just how much I miss all of you. :)

I hope you are all well. As the seasons change and the temperature drops, know that I am thinking of you all and sending you my best. I love you.

More to come later, when I get some new batteries for my camera and a few more spare moments.

P.S. Some suggestions of good music to listen to:
- Beirut: "The Flying Club Cup," "Lon Gisland EP," "Gulag Orkestar"
- Massive Attack: "Mezzanine"
- Metallica: "Death Magnetic"

No comments: