If you're still out there...



If you are, welcome back. It's been a while, hasn't it?
But since you're here, pull up a chair. Have I got some stories for you.
So last we spoke, I had been to my sister's for Thanksgiving. Good times were had and memories made. Always good to see family you haven't seen in a while. :) The following weeks were more or less what my daily routine has become; waking, showering, dressing, and working. As mundane as that may sound, the days off are totally worth it (just as each shift is equally freeing. I have many friends at work that make each day enjoyable).
I ended up working until a few days before Christmas when I made a trip out to Stephanie and Ron's place in Elverson, hoping to finally catch the holiday spirit. For you must understand that up to this point I had seen wreaths, Christmas trees, carolers, SANTA even, yet I could not muster one drop of Christmas cheer.
Going to Stephanie's house has become my escape. I go there and clear my mind... I do think I'd go daft without it. The sight of her Christmas tree and the decorations lit a spark in me and with the care of good company and my family's amazing bond, I settled into Christmas. I apologize now for the lack of photographs from this trip. I'll have to get those from you, Ron.
Highlight of the trip: I have a real bed now.
I know. Amazing. I'm practically an adult now.
After having "Christmas" with family, I returned to New York to a visit from a good friend, Jerome. He had arrived a day earlier than me and Brittany had given him the key to get in. Certainly this holiday would be far from ordinary...
And I was right.
On Christmas Eve evening, we departed into Manhattan in hopes of seeing some holiday cheer in the final hours of the night. We strolled about and soaked it in.
Bergdorf Goodman had amazing window displays on Fifth Avenue
Then to Rockefeller Plaza for the tree and the skating rink...
And after our adventures, we needed to refuel.
And thank God Mike's Diner is open 24 hours.
Christmas Day was very laid back for me. I rose late from bed, called family, and went to work just like any other day of the year... except it was Christmas.
Work was uneventful overall, but fun with some of my friends working alongside me. The real fun lie at the end of my shift. Ryan was coming up to visit for a week or so. I was really looking forward to seeing him. It's hard moving away from a place you called home for four years and leaving someone who was such a large part of that behind. I missed him, so I was pretty pumped to catch up and make some new stories.
Along with Ryan and Jerome, Josephine came up as well. Three Gainesvillians staking claim in New York for a week... you knew that had to be trouble. Needless to say, we have tons of laughs, one-liners, and memories to share. It was so great to see all of you. Take care and I hope to see you again soon.
New Year's Eve was the same situation. We had all decided to intoxicate ourselves in celebration of a New Year. Mission accomplished. Please observe the facebook albums if you need proof.
On January 5th, everything returned to normal around our place. All our visitors had returned home and we were recovering from a week-long party (or so it felt).
Today, January 9th, 2009, is a glorious day. The University of Florida won the National Championship last night over Oklahoma. Congrats to them and all of us who are part of the Gator Nation. I am very proud to say I attended UF even more today than usual.
These days, I'm at work and still chugging along.
It's not always easy living here but I'm trying. Gomez moves up here in a couple of weeks and starts his journey...
Which makes me think, what have I done in 5 months?
You know what? That's a whole other post.

No comments:
Post a Comment